Instead of doing your normal conditioning, it is really beneficial to take that extra step and give your hair the extra love that it needs to stay strong. If you haven’t added deep conditioning to your hair regimen, now it’s the time to get with the program. You will not regret it, especially if you want longer hair. I can not stress this enough to natural women with 4c (Kinky-Coily) textures like mine that it is really important to keep deep conditioning on schedule.
- Moisture: Deep Conditioning brings back the much needed moisture that your hair needed to prevent breakage. Coily hair tends to be on the dryer side, so adding that extra step will keep the moisture balanced until your next wash day.
- Elasticity: When your hair dry, it loses it elasticity and it becomes more prone to breakage when your are styling, combing or any other manipulation you do to your hair. So deep conditioning your hair will bring it back and keep your hair strong while you are styling.
- Hair Health Improves: It will increase the health of your hair overall especially when your is chemically treated with color.
- Damage Control: If you have damage to your hair already, deep conditioning will help keep it under control until you cut off the damage strands as your hair grows.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Don’t leave it in your hair for too long, this can lead to over moisturizing and can leave your hair very stiff. The most time is 45 minutes to an hour.
- Deep conditioning with heat helps cuts time to 30 minutes.
- If you are shampooing, deep condition right after! Shampoo is drying!
- You can add some olive oil to your deep conditioner to give your hair extra love.
- Deep condition weekly or every 2 weeks, depending on your wash cycle.
I hope this helps! Have fun deep conditioning!