I am currently on a journey looking for good deep conditioners for my hair because I want my hair to stay moisturized and strong. Also, I plan on coloring my hair soon and when it comes to color treated hair, deep conditioners will be your best friend! So I took a trip to CVS to pick up a few things and I came across a brand that I heard of which was Nubian Heritage. So I picked up their Indian Hemp& Tamanu Deep Treatment Masque and I don’t regret spending my money on it at all!
During my wash day, I set this in my hair generously from root to ends and let this sit in my hair with two plastic caps. I used heat from my bonnet dryer at home for about 30 minutes and…whoa…let me tell you the results. My hair loved it!! I rinsed it out with cool water in the sink and my hair became super supple! I was able to detangle with it with my fingers in the sink. I have to say, this product really did my dry hair justice!
Before and After rinsing it out..
- It’s very creamy (not loose) so it will stick well to your strands.
- When using it with heat, your hair will become very supple and moist.
- Decreases breakage while styling, because it strengthens your hair
- Detangling becomes a breeze (especially for kinky hair like mine)
- Its expensive: about $14 dollars at CVS.
- Even on the Nubian Heritage website it was still pricey. I would check for sales.
- Use heat with it for about 30 minutes for better and softer results.
- Use a generous and HEALTHY amount on all of your strands. Don’t forget to pay attention to your ends! They need love too!
- Rinse this out with cool water to close the cuticle of your hair. Never warm water.
- You can leave some of this in if you want.
This deep conditioner may be one of my stable products for the Fall/Winter. I had no issues with it. I will be using it more often in my hair regimen.
Let me know in the comments if you like this product or not! I am open to suggestions as well!