This winter in New Jersey has been hectic on my hair because this year it will be exposed in the cold climate. Before I did my hair last night, it was so dry and lifeless so I had to take the time to give it some love with Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea Butter line. This line is not new to me, I have used this while my hair was in a TWA (Teenie Weenie Afro) stage and it did my hair justice. So since winter is here, I figured I revisit this line and give my hair the heavy moisture it needs.
New Wash Day Regimen:
According to the season, I have to modify my hair regimen just a bit with hair butters and heavier creams to seal the moisture and bring my hair back to life.
- Coated my hair old hair with TRESemme conditioner to soften it for 15 minutes.
- My hair was in my usual 6 sections
- Got in the shower and detangled each section with ONLY my fingers under the shower head before lathering the Raw Shea Butter Shampoo to cleanse. I lathered up twice (from roots to ends) with the shampoo before rinsing it out well.
- I needed to cleanse my hair to purify it because I do a lot of Cowashing.
- Outside the shower, I had clean soft hair. This was the time to coat my hair with the Raw Shea Butter deep treatment mask (from roots to ends, generously).
- I deep conditioned with 2 plastic caps and heat for 35 minutes under my attached hooded dryer at home.
- Then I rinsed it out well with cold water in the kitchen sink. It is okay to leave some of it in if you wish.
- In the 6 sections, I coated my hair with Jojoba oil, the Raw Shea Butter conditioner and the As I am: Double Butter cream before styling my hair in 2 strand twists for the night.
The shampoo was very nice to my hair, it didn’t make my hair feel dry because of the Shea Butter that was in it. I appreciated that. It didn’t suds up how I liked but my hair did still feel clean after I rinsed it out. If you need a good moisturizing shampoo, this is the one to go to! I would recommend it when you need something to clean and boost your hair’s moisture for the Fall/Winter months.
After rinsing the hair mask out of my hair, it made my hair feel soft and moisturized just how I needed my hair to be. I didn’t have residue when I rinsed it out in my kitchen sink even though I did left some of it in. My hair responded very well to it and my hair become stronger as well as more balanced than before. This mask will definitely stay in my winter wash regimen until winter is over.
Like I said, I have used these products perviously. I am very happy I decided to revisit this line because this winter will be pretty brutal without it. Shea Moisture you have done it again!
Thanks for reading! Let me know how you like this line in the comments below!